Writer's Table: David L. Epstein
- Details, Best Men's Stage Monologues 2014
- Erectile Disfunction, Best Women's Stage Monologues 2014
- First Class, Best Men's Stage Monologues 2014
- Midnight, New Playwrights: The Best Plays of 2003
- Strange Attractions, Best 10-Minute Plays for 2 Actors 2005
- Top Floor, Best 10-Minute Plays for 2 Actors 2006
Originally from Chicago, David's recent collaborations include writing and directing the Broadway musical in development, Go West, about the life and times of The Village People, Executive Produced by Onda Entertainment and Moritz Borman (Exec. Prod. of W, Terminator Salvation, Alexander). In 2005-2006, he directed and co-produced with Dennis Lehane (author of Mystic River and Shutter Island), the premiere of Mr. Lehane's first work for the stage: Coronado. David's plays are produced across the country from Venice Playhouse, Madison Tech, NCSA, NYU, Niagara University and more. He is recipient of a 2006 Independent Theatre Award Nomination (producer, Best New Play); and named one of the "People of the Year, 2004," by nytheatre.com. He graduated from Tisch School of the Arts at New York University with the award for Best Actor in the short film he associate-produced, Ground Level B, written and directed by Andres Heinz (screenwriter, Black Swan). He has been a guest speaker at the MFA program for acting at the Tisch School at NYU, is a member of SAG, AFTRA and AEA, and currently teaches acting and writing programs in New York and Los Angeles at: www.actorclass.com.