Writers Table: Richard Brestoff
- Acting Under the Circumstances
- Acting Under the Circumstances: Variations on a Theme of Stanislavski, A Step-by-Step Approach to Playing a Part
- The Actor's Wheel of Connection
- The Camera Smart Actor
- The Great Acting Teachers and Their Methods
- Great Acting Teachers and Their Methods, Volume 2
Associate Professor of Drama and Associate Head of Acting University of California, Irvine, Richard is the author of four best-selling books for Smith and Kraus including The Great Acting Teachers and Their Methods, The Camera Smart Actor, The Actor's Wheel of Connection and Acting Under the Circumstances.
He has acted on Broadway and Off, in Regional Theater and on camera, appearing on the 1991 Emmy Ballot for his Guest-Star performance on the CBS television series, thirtysomething.
Richard holds an MFA in Acting form NYU where his teachers included Olympia Dukakis, Peter Kass, Joe Chaikin and Kristin Linklater.